Family pets wake owners when home catches fire early Tuesday mor

Family pets wake owners when home catches fire early Tuesday morning

Posted: Updated:
OKC fire crews battle fire near SE 149th & Westminster Rd. OKC fire crews battle fire near SE 149th & Westminster Rd.
Fire crews forced to truck in water to battle house fire Fire crews forced to truck in water to battle house fire

An family's pets are being credited for saving their owners' lives when fire races through their southeast Oklahoma City home early Tuesday morning.

The fire broke out around 3:30 a.m. near SE 149th & Westminster Rd.

The homeowner says he woke up to his dogs barking and smelled smoke.  He managed to get his wife and pets out safely. 

Firefighters were forced to shuttle in water to put out the flames because the closest hydrants were frozen.

The fire is believed to have started in the chimney.

The home is a total loss.

No injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KOKH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.