The Oklahoma City Fire Department says a spilled chemical forced several businesses to be evacuated Thursday morning.The Fire Department and HAZMAT were called to the 12300 block of N. May Ave after several employees complained of getting sick because of an odor. The call came in at 10:10 AM Thursday.
According to the fire department, an employee at the dry cleaner located in the strip mall spilled a chemical. The chemical is not hazardous but is flammable so crews evacuated the building.
One person was treated at the scene for but was not transported.
The building was evacuated for about an hour as the scene was investigated and cleared.