House fire in southeast Oklahoma City

House fire in southeast Oklahoma City

Posted: Updated:
OKLAHOMA CITY -

Shortly before 8:20 p.m. the Oklahoma City Fire Department was called to the 300 block of SE 47th St. for a house fire. Initial reports said the fire was in the kitchen and there was a possible smoke inhalation victim.

A Fire Department spokesperson says a couple was using space heaters and the stove to heat their home. They smelled smoke and discovered a fire near the stove. The couple got out of the home safely but one person was transported to the hospital as a precaution.

Fire fighters place an estimate of $20,000 in damage to the home and caution the public against using the stove to heat a home

  • FOX25 Slideshows

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
Compiling list...
  • FOX 25 FeaturesMore>>

  • Tell Me Something Good

    Tell Me Something Good

    Tired of all the bad news? Looking for some good news? Tell Me Something Good, does just that! FOX 25's Mike Brooks finds the good in Oklahoma and tells you all about it.
    Tired of all the bad news? Looking for some good news? Tell Me Something Good, does just that! FOX 25's Mike Brooks finds the good in Oklahoma and tells you all about it.
  • Waste Watch

    Waste Watch

    How are your tax dollars being spent? FOX 25 Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments, or any groups, are using your money wisely... or wasting it.
    How are your tax dollars being spent? FOX 25 Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments, or any groups, are using your money wisely... or wasting it.
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KOKH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.