Pepper spray malfunctions as officer eats lunch

Pepper spray malfunctions as officer eats lunch

Posted: Updated:

Diners at a Mexican restaurant in Ardmore got a lot of kick with their lunch, but it wasn't all tacos, nachos, and jalapeños.

An Ardmore Police Officer was eating at a restaurant on N. Commerce Thursday afternoon when the officer's OC spray, better known as pepper spray, went off inside the restaurant. Ardmore Police Sgt. Ryan Hunnicutt says the canister malfunctioned.

Pepper spray contains concentrated oil from chili peppers, water, and CO2 gas as a propellant. It provides an uncomfortable feeling to people when sprayed but is non-toxic and biodegradable and can be flushed using water and fresh air.

Hunnicutt says the Ardmore Fire Department showed up to ventilate the area and treat any patrons who were affected.

  • FOX25 Slideshows

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
Compiling list...
  • FOX 25 FeaturesMore>>

  • Tell Me Something Good

    Tell Me Something Good

    Tired of all the bad news? Looking for some good news? Tell Me Something Good, does just that! FOX 25's Mike Brooks finds the good in Oklahoma and tells you all about it.
    Tired of all the bad news? Looking for some good news? Tell Me Something Good, does just that! FOX 25's Mike Brooks finds the good in Oklahoma and tells you all about it.
  • Waste Watch

    Waste Watch

    How are your tax dollars being spent? FOX 25 Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments, or any groups, are using your money wisely... or wasting it.
    How are your tax dollars being spent? FOX 25 Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments, or any groups, are using your money wisely... or wasting it.
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by 

WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KOKH. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.